Sea Lion

Sea Lion
WE is controlled

Wednesday 4 May 2011

All Change

Changes are afoot in my little herd. After much soul searching and heartache, I decided last month to rehome Indi, my little project pony, as a broodmare. Her breeding is exquisite, and so she has gone to a small stud on the south coast, with a lady who has wanted her for the past eight years! I delivered her myself, and she just looked ‘right’ there, which was a huge relief and reassured me I had done the right thing.

Almost at the same time, a loan home has come up for Tangle – and again that couldn’t be more perfect for her. She is going to go and be a first pony for two little girls, down in the New Forest. She’s going to be part of a very horsey family and will get lots of fuss and attention which I am sure she will consider her due and enjoy tremendously! She has so much scope as child's pony, and I am thrilled she has this opportunity. It is going to be very strange without the little one tho – I will be delivering her later this month, and I don’t think it has quite sunk in yet!

All this means Jay would have been without a companion; however fortunately before I went on holiday I happened quite by chance on a new ‘project’. Indi is a 4yo 13hh coloured pony – chestnut (of course!) and white. Far too much white – I have already cleared the shelves of whitening and brightening lotions and potions from my local country store! Thankfully she does have a chestnut tail at least.

The day after I got back off holiday in Ireland it was Badminton XC day and I had a pair of hospitality tickets so my husband and I set off to watch the action. We probably spent too much time shopping and eating, and not enough on the XC course, but given the number of falls perhaps this was just as well – I don’t need any more reasons to be nervous doing XC!

We visited Helen on the Winergy stand and had a chat about the ponies – I am very excited about the launch of WE’s new balancer as Jay has started being picky with her feed again and doesn’t always clear up her full ration of Senior. So I shall be trying her on the balancer over the summer, and she can have her normal Senior rations over the winter, when she is decidedly keener on a bucket feed! For the first time in my life I am also looking at feeding a conditioning ration, as Indi has come thru the winter rather poor and in need of building up before I can start working with her. I am sure a couple of months on Winergy Condition and our good grazing will soon change that!

No comments:

Post a Comment